A Secular Safe Zone Facilitator is an Ally who has received specialized training to create a Secular Safe Zone program at their institution. Facilitators train Allies and provide them with guidance, training, access to resources, and supervision. Specifically, a Facilitator is responsible for:
- Implementing and overseeing the Secular Safe Zone program at their institution
- Serving as the public face of the program at their institution
- Training and Supporting Allies
- Serving as an Ally
Facilitators also communicate with the national Secular Safe Zone program and the Coordinator to improve training, gather data, and stay up-to-date on important issues and news.
If you are interested in becoming a Secular Safe Zone Facilitator or setting up a program at your institution, please contact our Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expectations of the Secular Safe Zone Facilitator
This is an abbreviated list of the expectations we have for Facilitators. The complete list can be found here.
- Be an Ally
- Display your Secular Safe Zone sign
- Stay up to date with the program materials
- Train Allies at your institution
- Tell us about your changes to the materials
- Let us share your changes to the materials
- Report on your program
- Contact us with questions
We provide many resources for Secular Safe Zone Facilitators under the Downloads section of this website, under the Facilitator Resources heading.